What are cookies? Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer by websites. They are tools that play an essential role in the provision of numerous information society services. Among other things, they allow a website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information obtained, they can be used to recognise the user and improve the service offered.
Types of cookies Depending on the entity that manages the domain from which the cookies are sent and processes the data obtained, two types can be distinguished:
- Own cookies: those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies. In the event that the cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies. There is also a second classification according to the length of time that they remain stored in the client's browser:
- Session cookies: designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a website. They are usually used to store information that only needs to be kept for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (e.g. a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: the data remain stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the party responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years. Finally, there is another classification with five types of cookies depending on the purpose for which the data obtained are processed:
- Technical cookies: those that allow the user to browse through a website, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist on it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access areas, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the purchase process of an order, making the application for registration or participation in an event, using security elements during browsing, storing content for the broadcasting of videos or sound or sharing content through social networks.
- Personalisation cookies: these allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a series of criteria in the user's terminal, such as the language, the type of browser used to access the service, the regional configuration from where the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis cookies: these allow the party responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of browsing profiles of the users of these sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data of the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of advertising spaces.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: these store information on user behaviour obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows a specific profile to be developed in order to display advertising based on the same.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web-guarden-sus-preferencia
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=es
- Safari: http://safari.helpmax.net/es/privacidad-y-seguridad/como-gestionar-las-cookies/
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html In addition, you can also manage your browser's cookie store using tools such as the following
- Ghostery: www.ghostery.com/
- Your online choices: www.youronlinechoices.com/es/
- Accept cookies. This notice will not be displayed again when accessing any page of the portal during the current session.
- Close. The notice is hidden on this page.
- Modify your settings. You can obtain more information about what cookies are, learn about the Cookies Policy of www.tiendaregalos.eu and modify your browser settings.